Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Microsoft Security Essentials

I was evaluating various antivirus software for my new Acer laptop (4810TZ). It had come preloaded with Win 7 and McAfee’s trial version of Internet Security. As part of the evaluation I installed BitDefender internet security package first. It was good in terms of not slowing down my machine while it was running in the background. I was still looking for more internet security packages before I finalize on one. I came across Microsoft Security Essentials and wanted to give a shot.

Installation went smooth and the only requirement is the computer should be running genuine Windows. So it is a free software if you have purchased Windows. It has been three months since I have been using it and I found it to be non intrusive and easy to update. The settings allow you tweak it for not scanning certain types etc. I am going to continue to use it as it free and good piece of software.

image

No comments: